This year, IFLA EUROPE Conference and General Assembly will be also linked to a POSTER exhibition with the theme “(UN)LIMITED LANDSCAPES: NO FENCE, NO OFFENCE”. The aim of the exhibition is to bring in front of the large public, the professionals from related fields and the public administrations’ representatives, projects and demarches that reveal the landscape architect’s profession specificity.
The POSTER exhibition will be on display on the fence of the Old Princely Court Museum (Curtea Veche) from 31 May to 7 June 2017.
Theme – “(UN)LIMITED LANDSCAPES: NO FENCE, NO OFFENCE”
The general theme tackles a recurrent problem of the contemporary landscape but also one that is political and very actual. On one hand the landscape doesn’t know any limits, borders, frontiers… It is a spatial and social reality that is fluid, overlapped and crossed. On another hand the accessibility, the spatial mobility, migration of people animals and plants are central topics of contemporary design. More details and information on Pecha Kucha will follow shortly.
The theme raises the problem of the limit or the non-limit in landscape. A series of sub-themes are proposed but not in a limitative way. Any other critical gaze over the present tendencies in landscape design or planning and over the question of limits are welcome.
Landscape at planning scale:
COMMON BORDERS / COMMON LANDSCAPES
SPECIFICITY AND TRANSCULTURAL LANDSCAPES
CONNECTING LANDSCAPES – GREEN INFRASTRUCTURE
Design for people:
SOCIAL (UN)LIMITED LIFE / MIXITY AND ACCESIBILITY
SOCIAL AND SPATIAL MOBILITY
CENTRE / PERYPHERY / SPRAWL
Designed by people (?):
PRIVATE / COMMON / PUBLIC SPACE – THE URBAN LANDSCAPE AS DAILY PRACTICE
PERCEPTION OF THE LIMITS IN THE LANDSCAPE /THE LANDSCAPE AS MENTAL CONSTRUCT AND THE MENTAL LIMITS
All Landscape Architects’ National Associations are asked to help organise the POSTER exhibition by drafting a national call for older and more recent projects related to the topic.
Posters should be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org in A1 and PDF format, not exceeding 25Mb. A confirmation email will be sent by the Romanian Landscape Architects Association for each submission.
The authors that want to make a contribution should be advised that:
- this call is not imposing a maximum number of projects that can be submitted for each country;
- a submission (one A1 poster in PDF format) must contain information about one project;
- for each poster the professional or the team of professionals that is submitting the paper is entitled to decide what kind of information the poster should embed (plans,views, sections, 3D models, text, etc.) in order for the general public to understand the project that is presented;
- the text which accompanies the images (plans,views, sections, 3D models, etc.) on each poster must be in English;
- is not mandatory for the submission to be made via a national association, therefore, professionals or team of professionals that want to submit a contribution for this exhibition can address directly to the organizers via email email@example.com.
For more information about the call please contact the Romanian Landscape Architects Association via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download the poster’s layout in the following formats:
Please do not hesitate to contact the organizers at email@example.com for any further information or assistance.